Thursday, October 1, 2009

Contemporary’s Being
Rodel Delera Anosa


Tell me, my Baron’s darling;
My heart is as Emily’s feeling.

Don Quixote bothers me in my dream;
Just like Montressor revenged his whim.

Theseus cursed his unico hijo;
Kino longed for his Coyotito.

And, Mr. Romantico;
Pleaded you not go.

Romans revive the power of Romanticism;
Greeks restore its Neo-classicism.

Portraying the reality is Realism,
But, Naturalism tends towards pessisim.

I is the source of the external conflict;
And we, is the answer of an internal conflict.

And so, philosophy defines one’s being;
So , as to understand our Contemporary’s Being.


March 14, 2003; 12:46 PM
Conceptualized during Literature Class
of May Antoinette Segundo-Imran, Doctor in Literature, UST
at Bicol University College of Education, Daraga, Albay

1 comment: