Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Bachelor’s Wish
Rodel Delera Añosa

If one day, God grants me a wish,

I want my mother feels me her caress,

But, nothing! This would only remain as a wish---

A wish that would only intense my emptiness,

A wish that would only break my happiness.

Sixty-five years, I’ve been looking for my wish,

I’ve been fighting for stormy seas, without bless,

My innocence still looks for the answer of my wish---

A wish that only repudiate my gentleness,

A wish that only destroyed my blessedness.

Ma, why is life in earth so selfish?

Why my mother set me free with nakedness?

Is it because she’s afraid of word’s blemish?

Or, a blemish that would repose her sadness?

Oh, Death! Look! My heart is full of anguish,

Punish! How can you undress my lonesomeness?

Don’t wait the time until my soul would vanish!

What? Forgiveness? How can I mend forgiveness?

How can I forgive your eternal foolishness?

Sixty-five years, I’ve been longing for my wish,

I’ve been looking for the drops of my fullness,

Ignorance bends me down to rest my wish,

A wish that helps me define my greatness,

A wish that reciprocates my humbleness,

If one day, God grants me a wish,

I want my mother feels me her caress,

However, God, I know, would not grant my wish,

He would never let her live with unfairness,

He would try me live with my dad’s tenderness.


No comments:

Post a Comment